Sunday, February 24, 2008

New CP Overlay Design


I've decided to knock the sides off and do a T-Shaped control panel after all. It's a bit big (not more than 5" extension on sides and 6" in front so not too bad) but very versatile so I'm thinking it's the best all-around design I can come up with that doesn't require switching CP's. It seems far more tasteful to me than the stupid rectangle idea I started with.

I'll be putting the P1/P2/pause/quit buttons below the monitor and find a way to trim down that glass so that they can simply slide in the glass track.

I also decided to clean up and simplify the design in a way that I think better ties in with the Taito side art. Here's a quick mockup of this CP in place.



Note that I've also come up with a first draft of marquee art. I may take another look at it when it's not 3:30 AM :P Also note that I think I'll do some Red T-molding for the control panel - I think that will really pop (though White or Black would also work).

I also think I may go all out and design a bezel that ties it all together as well. I think seeing the white lines against a jet black bezel around the monitor will look really sweet.

No comments: