Thursday, February 21, 2008

Concept CP mockup applied to photo

To help me visualize how it will look to have the notched CP design installed I skewed that first CP design to make it look like it's installed in the cabinet.



I'm no longer sold as it looks really clumsy just having a giant plank wedged into the cabinet. I'm thinking an upside-down T-design like Ubercade (with nothing aside the side panels -- having it instead jut out left/right after it extends beyond the kick plate) will look at least slightly more elegant.

Doing this, however, means I now need to find a new spot for my coin buttons, P1/P2 buttons and Exit/Pause utility buttons. I've seen some folks put them under the monitor bezel but this means I'd have to either replace the nice tempered glass that came with the cabinet or find a way to cut it (which I've never done). Alternatively I may put the coin buttons on the front vertical side of the cp box like I did on Metacab Jr. and put P1/P2/Pause/Quit up by the Trackball.... back to the drawing board, at least partially, I guess.

2 comments:

hazardous said...

my grandma has a better arcade cab than this

MetaHipster said...

thanks for the feedback, clint. your grandma is way better at everything than I am :P