Monday, March 10, 2008

Finalized MetaCab Art (Finally!)

So I was still futzing with the CP art and Marquee art and just now feel it's finally ready for ordering from Mame Marquees. I've been over-analyzing since I couldn't make up my mind about control layout until now and also don't want to order anything twice from mame marquees since it's sorta pricey.

I am now locked in on a 19" LCD monitor, 2x spinners (both with silver skirted SlikStik Tornado knobs), 1x 3" Red Happ Trackball, 2x 4/8-way switchable Ultimarc MagStik Plus, 2x 6-buttons, and a variety of pinball/utility buttons.

Here's the latest cabinet mockup with marquee and CP overlay updated.


Here's closeup of the new Marquee look (just changed font to Intellivised & added some red.)


And here's a closeup of the new CP Overlay.


Once I've triple checked my measurements, I'm going to finally place the order from Mame Marquees which should break the deadlock I've been in progress-wise. I'm going to wait until I have CP Overlay to start drilling any holes as this way I can guarantee everything will line up with CP and Plexi.

I've got almost everything else I need (other than plexi, T-Molding, and a few other odds & ends from Radioshack). As can be seen by the typical cluttered workbench photosbelow.

No comments: