Friday, March 03, 2006

Still no progress

Thanks to an overwhelming lack of free time I haven't had much time to work on Metacab Jr. for a couple weeks. I have brought it out of the garage & into the basement (those subzero days made it an expensive prospect to heat the garage continuously with the propane heat cannon). This made it considerably warmer but also has the unfortunate side effect that it's directly under my son Logan's room. So, no working on it after 8pm (aka my only free time).

I've bought my plexiglass for the bezel and the marquee. I'll post some pics of the progress I've made creating mounting rails for the marquee. I still haven't finalized/printed a design so it's boring looking at blue sticker-coated plexi, but you may be interested to see what's up.

I'm hoping to finish up the construction stuff soon so I can get to the painting. Hopefully the painting goes much quicker since I can actually work on that while Logan's sleeping (as opposed to hammering, sanding & drilling right beneath his room).

In other news, my t-molding (black 5/8") has arrived and the edges have been slot-cut, so I'll be ready for that once painting has completed. Really it's all just waiting on the attachment of the front door, and the woodworking side of the CP construction.

I think I'm currently planning to have the CP feature (left-to right) spinner, joystick, 3-4 buttons, trackball. And then another row either above or on the front face of the CP, which has P1/2, Coin1/2.

I'm also contemplating just hand-painting my CP & side art and coating it with a few coats of clear acrylic polyurethane since that will be way cheaper (and more durable?) than commercially printing on vinyl adhesive sticker.

No comments: